hostapd and 802.11r

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 10 09:36:29 PST 2016

On 03/10/2016 09:28 AM, michael-dev wrote:
> Am 10.03.2016 00:55, schrieb Ben Greear:
>> We've been trying to get this working, but no luck so far.
>
> Are you trying to use AP_VLAN?

Not on purpose.

>> I notice you have 'ft_bridge' config in your examples, but I cannot find
>> any reference to that in my hostapd repo.  Is this one of the private
>> features that is not upstream yet?  Is it required?
>
> ft_bridge is not upstream. It forces hostapd to use a different interface for inter-AP communication. This is useful for example if the bss interface (on ap) is
> not in a bridge - e.g. when used with AP_VLAN.
>
> Instead you might need to set the bridge configuration option, so hostapd will listen on it.

We have a management port (eth0) on the system, and that is the one that should be used
for inter-hostapd communication.  We want to be able to support routed mode as well
as bridged mode with hostapd, and either way, it will not be using eth0 for any data traffic.

Any idea how to configure this, and/or if we need external patches to make this work?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>