wpa_supplicant Full Debug + Backgrounding, How?

Bima H. hutamanzi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 05:33:05 PDT 2016

Hi,
I want to run wpa_supplicant with debug mode in background. But if I
invoke it from bash script, it just print some debug messages in
initial phase in syslog, not all messages as long as the programm
runs. How can I make debugging in background running as long as
wpa_supplicant runs? I want to add debug support in openwrt. I don't
want to use "&" at the end of invoking command because it distorts the
exit status and don't want to let it run in foreground for the same
reason and script-hanging. Strangely hostapd doesn't have problem in
debugging mode in background and just logs all messages normally.
Thank you:)!

Bima