Trouble getting eap_server=1 to run: "Supplicant used different EAP type: 1 (Identity)"

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Jul 22 10:02:46 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 06:31:56PM +0200, Linus Lüssing wrote:
> And if I try to connect from another Linux device using
> wpa_supplicant v2.3, I get the following error:
>
> "no shared cipher"
>
> OpenSSL version on the hostapd side: 1.0.2h
> OpenSSL version on the wpa_supplicant side: OpenSSL 1.0.1k
>

> Full hostapd output follows:

This is not with full verbosity. There should be -dd on the hostapd
command line to get all the details needed to figure out what happened.

Anyway, it looks like there is something conflicting in how the OpenSSL
versions of certificates are set on the authentication server and the
client which results in that "no shared cipher" issue from OpenSSL.