Accounting-On and Accounting-Off being sent on a per-BSS basis not per-NAS

Nick Lowe nick.lowe at lugatech.com
Thu Feb 25 06:37:23 PST 2016

It certainly means that the Called-Station-Id can remain in
Accounting-On/Accounting-Off, along with any other BSS-specific
attributes that APs or controllers may be sending- maximising
compatibility with anybody who has taken a dependency on these being
present. I should have thought of this earlier, mea culpa. Seems an
easier solution to the problem in the short term than getting a new
Acct-Status-Type implemented... (Which I still think should happen!)