802.11v time_zone

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Feb 18 06:50:31 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:26:28PM -0800, Ann Lo wrote:
> hostapd configuration file supports 802.11v time_zone. Do you know
> what/how the time_zone of AP can be used by its clients if time
> advertisement is disabled?

hostapd does not include the Time Zone element if time advertisement is
disabled, so no, this wouldn't be usable by clients in such a
configuration. In general, I'm not sure which clients, if any, would
ever use the time zone information here anyway taken into account it is
not authenticated in any way.