Initiating supplicant connections

khali singh khali3620 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:57:52 PST 2016

Hi Jouni

Thanks for responding.

You are right that a generic design with an existing EAP method would be better.

However, currently there are no EAP methods that allows me to do that.

Does the supplicant maintain some database for different APs and
do-not-try-again-for-N-seconds field for every AP?

I am using a wired client and my own server. I don't want to rely on
some Hostspot specific standard in my case. If you can point me to the
relevant code that does this behavior in the supplicant, that would be
great. I could then call the relevant functions from my EAP method.

Yours Sincerely
Khali Singh