Hidden SSID and WPA2

Alexandre Epert alex.epert at hotmail.fr
Tue Feb 16 00:39:53 PST 2016

I didn't knox that hidden SSIDs were proprietatry extension of the standardn I understand why it doesn't work well (pretty sure I was able to do it weeks ago though).

I know it doesn't add security and WPA-PSK is a good solution to add it to a wireless network but it is not my decision (I find hidden SSID kind of useless).

I'm glad to hear/read there is no known issues with hostapd on this point.
Thanks for you answers.

Regards,

Alexandre EPERT