[CONF] enable 802.11AC in hostapd

Alexandre Epert alex.epert at hotmail.fr
Mon Feb 8 06:13:47 PST 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your answer

My dongle is working 5GHz band with the configuration below :

hw_mode=a
channel=48
ieee80211ac=1
vht_oper_chwidth=0
vht_capab=[MAX-MPDU-11454][SHORT-GI-40][RXLDPC][TX-STBC-2BY1][RX-STBC-1]
vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=48

I do want to use a 40MHz channel since there is no information about 80MHz in AP mode for my dongle. Hostapd doesn't launch with vht_oper_chwidth=1 in my configuration file.
I understand from what you said that could explain why some devices can not connect whereas my Nexus 5 can.
So I need to correct my conf file like this :

hw_mode=a
channel=48
ieee80211ac=1
vht_oper_chwidth=0
vht_capab=[MAX-MPDU-11454][SHORT-GI-40][RXLDPC][TX-STBC-2BY1][RX-STBC-1]
vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=0