How to run wpa_supplicant with static mesh interface?

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Mon Feb 8 06:00:09 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 05:59:29PM +0530, Neelansh Mittal wrote:
> >Is there such a driver you're working with?  All of the mesh-capable
> >drivers I know about (all mac80211-based) support STA mode.
>
> Yes, We have a hybrid driver. With one of the interfaces(wiphy)
> supporting only mesh , hooked to mac80211(to leverage mac80211s
> implementation).
> And the other wiphy(supporting STA,SAP,P2P) directly hooked to cfg80211.

Interesting, is this driver publicly available somewhere?

Anyway in answer to your question, as far as I know there's no functional
reason why STA mode should be required for mesh operation, just no one has
run into this situation so far.  So I imagine it's a simple matter of
programming...

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/