Initiating supplicant connections

khali singh khali3620 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 02:02:56 PST 2016

Hi team

Is there a way for an EAP method to register an event? This event
should trigger after x number of seconds and make the supplicant try
connection with a particular SSID/BSSID again.

I could update the .conf file from the eap method to specify which
SSID/BSSID should be used the next time, but how can the EAP method
provide hints to the remaining supplicant software what and when
should it do next.

Pardon me if my questions are (a bit) stupid. But it would be great
help if you could tell me the relevant supplicant files that I should
look at; to understand how and when does the supplicant try connecting
again.

I don't want the userspace application to kill and start
wpa_supplicant every time. Instead the user should just start it once
and let the supplicant do its magic.

Thanks
Khali Singh