Failed to set channel for kernel driver

Matthew Keeler mjkeeler7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:06:43 PST 2016

You were correct about the card not supporting radar detection. As I was gathering info for the other things you suggested I got it to work. The main problems (other than not using DFS) were having my test configuration not provide the ht_capab and vht_capab config parameters and having vht_oper_centr_freq* params set. Adding the capabilities and removing the  vht frequency specification got it working.

One related question I have is why hostapd can’t figure out the capabilities on its own. In the debug output there is a line telling me what the card is advertising and what was set in the configuration. If it knows what the card is advertising why can’t it use that by default?

--
Matt Keeler