WPS: Connection Issue after EAP-Fail with same SSID and different BSSID

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Dec 13 11:31:37 PST 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:13:10AM +0530, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
> I was thinking of a scenario (might not be practical) where in case of
> highly mobile client,
>
> we do provision with AP:A,
> disconnect
> Connect to AP-B (Need to check if this can be a actual connect/
> another provision as the client already credentials but from a
> different BSSID)
>
> In case of provisioning with AP-B then client can get in to an
> provisioning loop.

I still don't understand this. I don't see any loop here.. It should
really matter from which BSS the credentials are received. They should
apply to all BSSs in the ESS. An AP (well, WPS Registrar behind that AP)
might even provide credentials for completely different ESSs that have
nothing to do with this initial AP through which the provisioning step
is done (i.e., the SSID would be different).