[Patch2/3] BSS transition with candidate list

David Weidenkopf dweidenkopf at cococorp.com
Sun Aug 7 09:49:00 PDT 2016

Well, upon further review, that line of code looks scary, but it is safe
for the following reasons:

The buffer is ensured to be null terminated up higher in the call chain.
The number of space separated arguments in the buffer is validated higher
in the call chain (although on the sending side of the socket).
The function hwaddr_aton validates that the initial characters are a mac
address.

Therefore it is safe to advance the pointer by the length of a mac address
characters.

I think it is safe as is. FWIW, the api in question is implemented
according to the others in the module.

Regards,
David