GO detecting GC moving out of range

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Apr 28 10:09:35 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 04:33:57PM +0000, Padmanabha, Seshadri K. wrote:
> Currently when the GC moves out of range from GO I see the following messages on GC. Is it possible get notification on GO side using some simple mechanism or configuration settings?

If the client is indeed moving out of radio range, there may not be any
kind of notification to the GO about this, so this would depend on the
driver noticing that the associated device has disappeared. If the
driver supports such detection, wpa_supplicant can remove the client
from the list of associated devices and if you use the
p2p_group_idle=<seconds> parameter, wpa_supplicant will terminate the
group when no more clients remain after such idle timeout.