wpa_supplicant and WPS config methods vs P2P config methods

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Sep 5 11:59:54 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:06:50AM +0000, Atul Joshi wrote:
> Wpa supplicant has a CLI command SET config_methods to set WPS config methods but the config methods within P2P device info attribute are taken from p2p_supplicant.conf this can lead to discrepancy in config method advertisement.
> Is there  a CLI command to set config method in P2P device info attribute?

Could you please provide more details on which field in which frame does
not get updated? I verified that "SET config_methods <methods>" command
updates P2P Device Info attribute and the config_methods P2P peer value
did report the updated value in device discovery.