Help debug my authentication issue? (Part 1)

Frank Rizzo thefrankrizzo
Thu Oct 15 21:46:03 PDT 2015

Turning off bridging results in this:

IFNAME=wlan0 <3>CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STATUS status='remote certificate
verification' parameter='success'
IFNAME=wlan0 <3>CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STATUS status='completion'
parameter='success'
IFNAME=wlan0 <3>CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed
successfully

IFNAME=wlan0 <3>CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=2 state=7 BSSID=<Server MAC>
SSID=EAP-Test
IFNAME=wlan0 <3>CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=2 state=8 BSSID=<Server MAC>
SSID=EAP-Test
IFNAME=wlan0 <3>WPA: Key negotiation completed with <Server MAC>
[PTK=CCMPGTK=CCMP]
IFNAME=wlan0 <3>CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to <Server MAC>
completed (auth) [id=2 id_str=]

The tablet goes to "Obtaining IP Address", and hangs.  But I doubt that's
ANYTHING to do with WPA_Supplicant, or HostAP.  (If you disagree with this
assessment, please comment)

THANK YOU!
-Frank