Updating deny acl mac list during runtime

Matteo Croce matteo at openwrt.org
Sun Nov 29 03:45:17 PST 2015

I did a patch to add s station to the deny list with a command BAN,
it's in the mailing list

> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 09:50:15PM +0200, Eli Balta wrote:
>> I need to be able to dynamically add and remove hosts from the mac
>> filter list depending on various events.
>> What I'm doing right now is:
>> 1) add/remove mac entry in /etc/hostapd.deny
>> 2) send "SET deny_mac_file /etc/hostapd.deny" to the ctrl iface at
>> /var/run/hostapd/...
>>
>> The problem:
>> This works only for adding entries to the list, if I remove an entry
>> and send the "SET deny_mac_file /etc/hostapd.deny" command, it
>> succeeds, but the STA is still denied authentication whenever it tries
>> to connect.
>>
>> Is there any way to solve this problem without having to make
>> modifications to the code?
>
> If you do not want to stop and restart the BSS to do this, then probably
> not. There was a recent patch to add a new control interface command for
> adding MAC ACL entries and something similar would likely need to be
> added to remove MAC ACL entries to cover the case you describe here.
>
> --

Matteo Croce
OpenWrt Developer
  _______                     ________        __
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 CHAOS CALMER (15.05)
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup