SUB:Query regarding EAP-TLS

pavani pavani.muthyala
Tue May 12 03:24:59 PDT 2015

Hi Team,

My self Pavani muthyala An Application Engineer from Redpine signals
INC.I have a query regarding the supplicant conf file in enterprise
security.

Issue Description

I am Trying to connect my station in enterprise security EAP-TLS to the
wireless AP on LINUX platform.I have my supplicant_conf file with pfx
format certificates.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="ABCD"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=TLS
identity="xxxxx"
password="yyyyyyy"
ca_cert="/pstore/data/wifi/cert/server_root.cer"
client_cert="/pstore/data/wifi/cert/user_certificate_export_key.pfx"
private_key="/pstore/data/wifi/cert/user_certificate_export_key.pfx"
private_key_passwd="yyyyyyy"
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
group=CCMP TKIP
proto=WPA2 WPA
priority=20
}

*with pem format works fine.But when I am trying to connect to AP with pfx format Iam facing an issue in status like*

/var/tmp #/home/release/wpa_cli -i wlan0 status/
//
/bssid=00:18:74:88:84:e0/
/ssid=ABCD/
/id=0/
/mode=station/
/pairwise_cipher=CCMP/
/group_cipher=CCMP/
/key_mgmt=WPA2/IEEE802.1X/EAP/
/wpa_state=ASSOCIATED/
/Supplicant PAE state=AUTHENTICATING/
/suppPortStatus=Unauthorized/
/EAP state=IDLE/

QUERY ::: Have You tested Supplicant conf file in EAP-TLS mode and
certificates with PFX format On Linux Platform????

Please Give me reply as soon as possible.

Regards,
pavani