NULL function frame

volker.obhof.w at sew-eurodrive.de volker.obhof.w
Thu May 7 00:22:28 PDT 2015

I sniffed data with wireshark from wpa_supplicant. I recongnized that wpa_supplicant sends almost every second  a NULL function frame to my AP.

I that behavior normal?

Thios is config file:

# Plaintext (no encryption) network
ctrl_interface=/opt//hostapd/hostapd-2014-06-03/wpa_supplicant

network={
    ssid="OpenWrt"
    key_mgmt=NONE
    bgscan="simple:5:-70:10"
}

SEW-EURODRIVE GmbH & Co KG
Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRA 230970
Komplement?rin: SEW-EURODRIVE Verwaltungs-GmbH, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRB 230207

Gesellschafter: J?rgen Blickle, Rainer Blickle
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: J?rgen Blickle (Vorsitzender), Johann Soder, Dr. J?rgen Zanghellini