P2P: GO: Disconnect from wpa_cli does not remove the dynamic interface

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Fri Mar 27 02:25:05 PDT 2015

Hi,

We are using a dynamic interface for P2P operations with a
p2p_group_idle of 1 so that the interface gets removed immediately
after the disconnection.

After forming a group, if we initiate disconnect from the peer the
interface gets removed properly through ap_free_stas.

But instead if we use "disconnect" from wpa_cli, we see that the peer
gets disconnected but the interface is not removed because in
wpa_supplicant_ap_deinit we are removing the p2p group and then as a
part of hostapd_interface_deinit we try to call ap_free_stas, but as
p2p->group is NULL the idle_update is never called.

So what is the best way to handle this?

--
Thanks,
Regards,