Help with passwordless autonomous P2P-GO

Aditya Bhave adityay.bhave
Sun Mar 22 13:08:59 PDT 2015

Hi Jouni,

The use case is for non P2P clients to connect to the GO. Due to certain
limitations, I am not able to use a regular open network SoftAP.I was able
to connect a large number of clients (Windows/Ubuntu/iOS/Android etc) with
that patch in 1.0

Thanks
--Aditya

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 09:45:24PM -0700, Aditya Bhave wrote:
> > Im working on a project where I need to setup an autonomous P2P-GO such
> > that clients can connect to it without a password. I understand from the
> > IEEE spec that having security in P2P is a requirement, but for the
> > purposes of experimentation, I would like to set one up without a
> password.
> > Can anyone provide any pointers on how to implement this in 2.2? For
> > version 1.0, I had a patch that worked. Essentially, I added a new CLI
> > parameter ?secured? in p2p_group_add, and then in    wpas_start_wps_go()
> in
> > p2p_supplicant.c, I changed the following lines
>
> P2P GO needs to have WPA2-Personal enabled. If you want to use an open
> network, you can start a non-P2P AP in such configuration. As such, I
> would not really recommend doing what you describe here. I would not be
> surprised if P2P Clients were refusing to connect to incorrectly
> configured P2P GO.
>
> --

regards,
Aditya Bhave