Getting started with HS20 r2 (OSU client/server and such?)

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 21 07:17:40 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:02:57AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> Do you happen to have an example OSEN hostapd config file, and even
> better, a pair with one OSEN and one .1x config file meant to work
> together in conjunction with the hs20 client/servers?
>
> If not, would it be correct to assume that the OPEN/OSEN hostapd config
> file has all of the HS20 configurables, and the .1x is mostly just normal
> with .1x radius config info (ie, no HS20 attributes)?

I commonly run three instances of hostapd for this: the actual AP (both
production data connection and open or OSEN BSS for OSU), RADIUS server
for the normal data connection, and a separate RADIUS server for OSEN.
While it is possible to merge some of those together, things are quite a
bit simpler and more robust for testing purposes as well, if these are
kept separate. It is still fine to run only a single hostapd process to
run all those "interface" instances.

I think you'll already got most of the OSEN configuration stuff figured
out. tests/hwsim/test_ap_hs20.py has test cases that cover this
functionality (well, not the actual OSU part, but all the other steps),
so you should be able to find pointers from there.