wpa_supplicant cannot authenticate connection on prism2 radios if interface names do not match

Thomas Richter thor
Thu Mar 19 02:26:15 PDT 2015

Hi Dan,

>> Well, the information on the pairing is actually available in the sysfs
>> filing system. Thus,
>>
>> /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/
>>
>> contains two directories, namely the two network interfaces the device
>> manages.
>
> Can you get a full 'ls -al' dump of /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/ ?
>
> wpa_driver_wext_finish_drv_init() should probably do some sysfs parkour
> to find the wifi interface instead of relying on the device name.

*Ping* on that again. I send you the requested information two days ago:

Sorry, this is /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/net (forgot the net). But
here we go, it's really quite simple:

thor at pike:~> ls -la /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/net
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Mar 17 17:55 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Mar 17 17:55 ..
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 0 Mar 17 17:51 wifi0
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 0 Mar 17 17:55 wlan0

Greetings,
	Thomas