AP-DISABLED event

Jörg Krause joerg.krause
Wed Mar 11 15:17:04 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm using wpa_supplicant 2.3 for configuring a wireless module as access
point. The wpa_supplicant.conf file contains:

        ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
        update_config=1
        ap_scan=1
        network={
        	ssid="myAP"
        	mode=2
        	key_mgmt=NONE
        	id_str="ap"
        }

If I enable the network with wpa_cli I get the following event messages:

        > list_networks
        network id / ssid / bssid / flags
        0	myAP	any	[DISABLED]
        > enable_network 0
        OK
        <3>CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED
        <3>CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
        <3>WPS-AP-AVAILABLE
        <3>AP-ENABLED
        <3>CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
        completed [id=0 id_str=ap]

Everything is fine here. Important for me is the AP-ENABLED and the
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED event. The CONNECTED event is consumed by the
wpa_action shell script. However, if I disable the network, I do not get
any event message:

        > disable_network 0
        OK

I wonder why wpa_supplicant does not throw a AP-DISABLED and
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED event message. Is there any way to generate
these events when disabling the network?

Best regards
J?rg Krause