How to disable /b and /a/g rates?

Ben Greear greearb
Tue Mar 10 12:27:24 PDT 2015

On 03/10/2015 11:16 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 03/10/2015 11:09 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> On 10/03/15 18:28, Ben Greear wrote:
>>> Is is possible to have hostapd disable /b rates entirely?
>>>
>>> Maybe using the 'basic_rates' or 'supported_rates' configurables?
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have hostapd disable /a/g as well, so that it's
>>> minimum speed is /HT rateset?
>>>
>>> I will eventually want to do this using ath10k as driver, but first
>>> I need to figure out the proper way to do this in the rest of
>>> the stack.
>>
>> Is it really the rates you want to disable, or will the hw_mode do?
>> Otherwise, have you tested supported_rates?
>
> I want be able to disable all /b traffic, and also all /a/b/g
> traffic.
>
> I am trying now to do some tests with supported_rates.

Upstream supplicant will not start if I I set supported_rates to -1
(ie, no rates).

So, maybe there is no way to disable /a/g currently?

Regardless of how good of an idea this is for real-world deployment,
would it actually be OK per the wifi spec to disable all basic rates?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>