Adding extra ie to p2p_group

Nazmul Alam fadedreamz
Tue Mar 10 09:59:13 PDT 2015

Hello,
I am using wpa_supplicant 2.0 with ath9k device (TL-WN722N) and trying to
add some extra ie when a p2p group is created.

Adding the extra ies in the function *hostapd_build_ap_extra_ies
*(src/ap/ap_drv_ops.c)
seems to be not working.

After creating the p2p group using the wpa_cli; using a sniffer I can see
that my newly created AP beacon or probe response does not contain any
extra ies.

As far as my understanding goes with the source code; the call to
*set_ap_wps_ie
*should setup the extra ies.

So, Can anyone suggest where to look so that the p2p_group is created with
additional ies?

Any suggestion will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
Shovon.