How to enable ap_isolate, and what does it do exactly?

Ryan O'Toole rotoole
Mon Mar 9 13:03:58 PDT 2015

Hi Hostap Community,

I'm trying to make sense of the *ap_isolate* configuration directive.
According to the documentation:

# Client isolation can be used to prevent low-level bridging of frames
> between
> # associated stations in the BSS. By default, this bridging is allowed.
> #ap_isolate=1

However, when I enable this flag, I'm still able to ping other clients on
the WLAN, as well as client's in the parent LAN.

Do I not understand what this feature does. Could some one please explain
the use case here?

Thanks!
Ryan