Fwd: Re: 802.1x wired and hostapd

michael-dev at fami-braun.de michael-dev
Thu Jun 18 13:27:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

recent linux kernels have macvlan source mode that allows remote mac
addresses to be assigned to a virtual network interface. This can be
used to implicitly authorize clients and even assign them to VLANs.

I'm running a custom hostapd driver that uses macvlan source mode that I
can share if there is interest. They depend on libnl changes that add
macvlan source mode support to libnl.

Regards,
 M. Braun