wpas_p2p_group_delete: Removing STA connection in case of group formation failure

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jun 15 14:01:22 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 09:41:18PM +0300, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Thanks. I was able to reproduce this by forcing interface UP failing for
> the group interface. It looks like some of the calls in at least one of
> the error paths end up getting going through both p2p-wlan0-# and wlan0
> interface when handling this type of failure case. The pending
> p2p-wlan0-# instance gets removed properly, but wlan0 instance should
> not have tried to remove the pending P2P group since it was not on that
> instance in the first place. I'll figure out how to fix this.

Looks like the main issue here is in the error path in
wpas_go_neg_completed() where wpas_p2p_group_formation_failed() gets
called after the group interface addition failed. This resulted in
wpas_group_formation_completed(failure) calling wpas_p2p_group_delete()
for incorrect interface in this separate P2P group interface case.

It looks like the simplest way to fix this is by skipping the
wpas_p2p_group_delete() call in this special case. This commit does
that:
http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/?id=d95c5994c8038cb09a70cc6400584c82097e7c31