wpas_p2p_group_delete: Removing STA connection in case of group formation failure

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jun 15 11:41:18 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 09:09:56PM +0530, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
> When we are doing concurrent p2p connection (STA + P2P-GO) using
> dynamic interface, after some trails the GO-NEG fails which is causing
> the STA connection to be deauthenticated.
>
> The reason for GO-NEG fail is that "add_iface" is failing, so
> "p2p_group_interface" is not set, but in
> wpas_p2p_group_delete based on the below condition we are deleting the
> STA managed interface.

wpas_p2p_group_delete() should not be called on the non-P2P station
interface..

>         else if (wpa_s->p2p_group_interface == P2P_GROUP_INTERFACE_CLIENT ||
>                  (ssid && ssid->mode == WPAS_MODE_INFRA)) {
>                 wpa_s->reassociate = 0;
>                 wpa_s->disconnected = 1;
>                 gtype = "client";

> Is there any reason for checking INFRA mode in p2p module?

Yes, WPAS_MODE_INFRA is used for P2P Client as well as non-P2P station.

> Snippet of logs is below:

Thanks. I was able to reproduce this by forcing interface UP failing for
the group interface. It looks like some of the calls in at least one of
the error paths end up getting going through both p2p-wlan0-# and wlan0
interface when handling this type of failure case. The pending
p2p-wlan0-# instance gets removed properly, but wlan0 instance should
not have tried to remove the pending P2P group since it was not on that
instance in the first place. I'll figure out how to fix this.