Unable to connect to WPA2-Enterprise since 2.4-r1: WPA_ALG_PMK bug?

David Woodhouse dwmw2
Fri Jul 10 12:37:36 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-07-10 at 20:57 +0300, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 12:38:54AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 22:11 +0300, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > >
> > > EAP-TLS/TTLS/PEAP workaround for incorrect TLS v1.2 MSK derivation
>
> > That appears to work here. Less trivial to backport to 2.4 though :)
>
> Thanks for testing. Was it clear that this uses an authentication server
> other than FreeRADIUS? If so, there would be at least two different
> authentication servers with this issue and it would be good to make sure
> the vendor becomes aware (and well, a suitable person at the vendor so
> that this actually gets fixed rather sooner than later)..

Last I knew it was Cisco ISE. Which would probably mean that there's
not much prospect of actually getting it *fixed* before 2016. Cisco are
not known for the competence of their support.

The IT folks who own it are in Israel, so I should hopefully know more
when they get back from their weekend, on Sunday.

--
dwmw2