how can i use wlan0 and p2p0 for p2p operations without new virtual interfaces?

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa
Fri Jan 23 12:23:00 PST 2015

> Do you have any reason to believe that the driver you are using supports
> this?
> That would sound like a clear sign of the driver not supporting this..

If i understand correctly the result of "iw list" (valid interface combinations with {P2P-GO,P2P-Client}<=2 ) yes, but practically no!
After that, i tried to debug with printk the broadcom driver in the kernel and i found a strange behaviour connected to mac address assignment and ifindex. Yesterday, i asked directly to a broadcom delevoper and the answer is "simply is not compatibile" :( And this guy said me that the problem is connected to the mac address. Because, if i try to create 2 p2p interfaces, the mac address is the same, also if i try to force wpa_supplicant to use random mac addresses.

Ok, now i'm switching to work with ibss ad hoc network. I can create the interface (ibss) and connect to another device. I can connect to this new network, but i can't ping the device. But this is another problem :)
And obviously i really hope that it's possibile to use ibss on wlan0 and p2p-p2p0-0 at the same time :)

> only a single P2P group case can use a specific netdev since that same
> netdev is used for both P2P management operations and group. In order to
> use multiple concurrent groups, the only available option is to use a new
> group interface for each group.

Understood, thank you.

Stefano Cappa