TDLS Support

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Jan 14 16:12:12 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 03:54:48AM +0000, KUMAR AMIT SINGH wrote:

> I have few queries for about TDLS support in wpa_supplicant (Latest Rev- 2.3):
> 1. Does it supports TDLS for P2P? If No, then elaborate the necessary changes to be done to make TDLS working in P2P mode?

Yes, there is no difference from TDLS view point on whether the device
is acting as a non-P2P station or P2P Client.

> 2. Does it supports TDLS for SoftAP? What are the requirement for doing setup?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here. The AP does not need
to do anything for TDLS to work between two associated stations. As
such, SoftAP does not need to have any functionality for this to work.