wpa_supplicant credential access

Erich Titl erich.titl
Thu Jan 8 14:33:26 PST 2015

Hi

I am writing a web front end to wpa_supplicant functions. IN order to
reuse existing network stanzas I need to have access to the credentials.
I understand that wpa_cli is restricted in yielding the credentials in
normal operation.

Is there a way to get the credential in cleartext from a network in
wpa_supplicant? There must be a function in the api that allows it, as
the save_config command must do it to store the credentials in the
config file.

I could parse the config file, but the format is not exactly friendly to
shell based operations.

Thanks for hints

Erich