Recommended Beacon Interval for 2.4GHz vs 5GHz dual band networks with single SSID

Jeremy Ward jward01
Mon Jan 5 15:22:54 PST 2015

I agree, that within the context of a multi-AP network, controlling
association with just the beacon interval does leave much of the picture
out of the equation, especially when a STA is roaming. As far as coverage
differences between 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrum,  this is more of a network
design consideration.

However, the application in which we are using hostAPd is a type of mobile
appliance that will never have more than a single integrated AP (well,
technically two APs since it is dual-band); as such, roaming is not a
concern.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeremy D. Ward, CWNE
(954) 661-4965