test: How to pass auto test

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jan 3 14:14:54 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 03:43:05PM +0900, Masashi Honma wrote:
> As you say, start.sh specifies support_p2p_device=0 argument to modprobe.
> But it looks doesn't work on my environment.

I hadn't realized modprobe would load the module even when the specified
argument does not exist. This is quite inconvenient in this specific
case, but I guess we could make start.sh explicitly verify that the
needed parameeter is supported and if not, refuse to start and request
mac80211_hwsim to be updated.

> I have thought Linux kernel 3.13 works.
> I will try newer kernel.

This does not require a kernel change, i.e., it is enough to update the
Wi-Fi components with Backports. buildbot.w1.fi uses the standard Ubuntu
14.04 kernel, but a recent Backports snapshot build from
http://buildbot.w1.fi/backports-wireless-testing/