IP assignment and authenticated port

Sarah Thomas sarah040.thomas
Tue Feb 3 10:40:51 PST 2015

Hi ,

  Final understanding - DHCP broadcast messages are not accepted by the
switch till the port is authenticated. Only after the port is
authenticated, broadcast message will be accepted , for which DHCP reply
message holding the IP address for the client will come.  Please correct
the understanding if its wrong.

Thanks everyone for the clarification.

Thanks,
Sarah.