Could not connect to wpa_supplicant: wlan0 - re-trying

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Dec 17 13:19:49 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 08:59:13AM +0100, Bartlomiej Grzeskowiak wrote:
> I work on embedded device and I am configuring the WLAN module
> (QCA6174 - ath10k driver) with wpa_supplicant.

> I start the wpa_supplicant (default wpa_supplicant.conf):
>
> wpa_supplicant -dd -Dwext -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

It looked like the control interface issue was resolved, but one note
on this command line: wext is obsolete (and has been for years). I'd
recommend moving to the current driver interface (nl80211) to get
significantly optimized functionality. Lots of the new functions do not
work at all with the old WEXT interface.