wpa_supplicant private library compilation error

anjalik at iwavesystems.com anjalik at iwavesystems.com
Sat Dec 12 04:38:01 PST 2015

Hi ,

     I have a doubt in compiling the wpa_supplicant private processing
library which can be usually seen under a folder wpa_supplicant_lib.
It has driver_cmd_nl80211.c file which I need for wpa_supplicant
compilation with NL80211 support.

When I downloaded the AndroidL 5.0.2 from git this folder was missing
. So I copied the folder from already existing Kitkat BSP. Initially I
compiled with replacing the whole lollipop wpa_Supplicant_8 folder
with kitkat  wpa_supplicant_8 folder. But the compilation thrown many
warnings but built was successful.

But I need to work with built-in wpa_supplicant of Lollipop and the
private processing library from kitkat. It is throwing error
unfortunately and build is being stopped. The error is

driver_nl80211.c:function wpa_driver_nl80211_ops: error: undefined
reference to 'wpa_driverset_ap_wps_p2p_ie'
driver_nl80211.c:function wpa_driver_nl80211_ops: error: undefined
reference to 'wpa_driver_get_p2p_noa'
driver_nl80211.c:function wpa_driver_nl80211_ops: error: undefined
reference to 'wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd'

Is it required to use the same version of wpa_supplicant_lib and
wpa_supplicant?

How can I compile Kitkat (wpa_supplicant version 2.1-devel)
wpa_supplicant private library for Lollipop wpa_supplicant version
2.3-devel?

Thanks & Regards,
Anjali