Wi-Fi Direct Probe response from GO

anjalik at iwavesystems.com anjalik
Thu Apr 16 22:38:22 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have been searching for the pinpoint issue for the GO failure, the
Group Formation timeout error. Seems like I got a clue. When the GO is
created after G0 negotiation between the i.MX6 board and my android
phone , I tried scanning from a third phone an I could see the board
name (DIRECT-FG-Android_6cf4) in the AP list. So it is beaconing and
started to act as AP.

Logcat messages show that the GO device has received the probe request
but no probe response being sent

D/wpa_supplicant WPS: Probe Request for PBC received from
0f:1d:ae:fh:e6:9b (client mac id)

I analysed the code flow by adding debug prints  and reached the
function handle_probe_req(). In the function the station info is
obtained as

sta = ap_get_sta(hapd, mgmt->sa);

where the ap_get_sta() is

struct sta_info * ap_get_sta(struct hostapd_data *hapd, const u8 *sta)
{
         struct sta_info *s;
         s = hapd->sta_hash[STA_HASH(sta)];
         while (s != NULL && os_memcmp(s->addr, sta, 6) != 0)
                 s = s->hnext;
         return s;
}

I checked the value of s its null. And returns from the
handle_probe_req() instead of moving to the hostapd_gen_probe_resp()
within the handle_probe_req().

I am stuck with this issue and cannot move forward. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjali