beacons and ibss + rsn

Ben Greear greearb
Tue Apr 14 12:44:53 PDT 2015

On 04/14/2015 12:39 PM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:09:19PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out why neither ath9k nor ath10k IBSS RSN
>> interfaces are advertising block-ack features in their beacons
>> (or probe responses).
>>
>> I found this rather questionable piece of code while grepping
>> around....maybe supplicant just doesn't support this sort
>> o of thing properly at present?
>
> I don't see how HT configuration and RSN IE within wpa_supplicant itself
> would be related, but anyway, on this question regarding
> supp_get_beacon_ie():

I can probably find it soon enough, but if you have a pointer to
code that would be setting up beacons with block-ack flagged as supported
or not, that might help me find it quicker...

I think I am also missing some RFC patches that enable VHT80..maybe
some of that will point me in the right direction as well.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>