question regarding sd_pending_bcast_queries field

Izoard, CedricX cedricx.izoard
Wed Sep 17 07:47:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the sd_pending_bcast_queries field added by commit "P2P: Address few issues seen with P2P SD".
My understanding is that this field track the number of broadcast query remaining for each p2p device but:
  - in p2p_start_sd, it is decreased for any query. I guess it should be decreased only for broadcast query, am I correct ?
  - It is decreased even if p2p_send_action fails, is it expected behavior ?
  - Shouldn't it be decreased  only in p2p_sd_cb when status is OK ?
    Indeed If we take the use case when driver fails to send a broadcast query to peer, when p2p_sd_cb is called (with status FAIL) wpa_supplicant won't try to resend the query as sd_pending_bcast_queries is already set to -1 and it remains "stuck" in p2p-send-action radio work until it reaches timeout.

Thanks for your answers.

cedric
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros