WPA2-PSK and WPA-EAP together?

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Sep 8 08:34:46 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 11:10:35AM +0000, Conrad Kostecki wrote:
> I am running currently hostapd with only enabled WPA2-PSK.
> My goal is to keep WPA2-PSK for clients without support for WPA-EAP and enable for all other clients WPA-EAP.

> With this settings, I am able to connect with using WPA-EAP fine. But now, my WPA2-PSK clients can't connect anymore, there are reporting only failed while connecting. Can't be WPA2-PSK and WPA-EAP used together?

Which clients did you test with? Some station devices have issues with
multiple AKMs being advertised in the WPA/RSN elements and enabling both
WPA2-PSK and WPA2-EAP will end up doing that.

Have you tried with a Linux client using wpa_supplicant? If so, could
you please share a debug log showing such a failure with WPA2-PSK?