hostapd: add 'driver' command support (under ANDROID flag)

Arend van Spriel arend
Mon Oct 6 02:40:15 PDT 2014

On 06-10-14 11:29, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 06-10-14 11:11, Garcia, Jeremie wrote:
>> Hello Jouni,
>>
>> Thanks for answering.
>> I understand your comment.
>> In order to remain vendor agnostic, I initially planned to use the vendor extension functionality ("vendor" command).
>> However, this feature is available from kernel 3.14. However I would need to deal with older kernels.
>> So to remain backward compatible with older kernels, I wanted to use the DRIVER command instead.
>
> The vendor command does not make it driver/vendor agnostic. It is
> similar to the driver command, but using a differently transport layer,
> ie. nl80211. To get vendor agnostic you would have to get new NL80211
> commands in place that can replace the DRIVER commands and somehow
> backport that to older kernels (eq. using backports framework).

Support for backports has been added to android build environment by
Intel, which can be found on github [1].

Regards,
Arend

[1]
https://github.com/android-ia/platform_build/blob/master/core/build_compat_module.mk