hostapd: add 'driver' command support (under ANDROID flag)

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Oct 4 08:37:27 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 02:25:22PM +0000, Garcia, Jeremie wrote:
> Please find attached 2 patches to make hostapd support "driver" command in an Android context.
> It is a mirror of what has been done for wpa_supplicant.

Why would this be needed in hostapd? That driver command in
wpa_supplicant is a good example of how things should not be done and
unless there is a strong justification for adding that to hostapd, I'd
rather not do that.

The proper approach for adding new control interface functionality is by
adding commands that can be implemented in driver independent way.