Is there mobile device which support virtual interface

Ben Greear greearb
Mon Nov 24 10:43:03 PST 2014

On 11/24/2014 09:32 AM, Junguk Cho wrote:

> Hi, I have question about virtual wlan interface.
>
> When I use some atheros chip with labtop, it worked.
>
> So I am just wondering whether there is mobile device which supports it.
> Also, is there command line to test whether the chip supports virtual wireless interface or not.

Many laptops are locked by their BIOS to only support certain wifi NICs,
so you have to be careful about that.

At least some chrome-books can use Atheros NICs, which support virtualization fine,
but you will have to install Chrubuntu or similar to take advantage of it.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>