hostapd slow with Ralink RT5372 chipset

Robert Milasan rmilasan
Mon May 5 08:55:29 PDT 2014

On Mon, 5 May 2014 17:17:43 +0200
"Helmut Schaa" <helmut.schaa at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Robert Milasan <rmilasan at suse.com>
> wrote:
> > I've got a Ralink (RT5372) wireless adapter setup as an AP on an
> > Atom machine (Intel Atom N270 with 2GB RAM). The adapter suppose to
> > go up to 300Mbps, but I'm not getting the speed I suppose to.
>
> Most likely this is not a hostapd issue but a driver issue.
> rt2x00 is not known for being the best performer (especially the USB
> versions). Helmut

Well that doesn't help much, but I agree, the Ralink RT5372 with which
I've ran my tests had some problems, but using hostapd from Debian 7
(verison 1.X) with a different USB dongle I still have way better
performance then using hostapd 2.1.

So there is still something with hostapd 2.1.

--
Robert Milasan

L3 Support Engineer
SUSE Linux (http://www.suse.com)
email: rmilasan at suse.com
GPG fingerprint: B6FE F4A8 0FA3 3040 3402  6FE7 2F64 167C 1909 6D1A