broadcast packets are being lost

michael-dev michael-dev
Mon Mar 10 06:18:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've been debugging a very similar issue the last few days.
Although I did not find a bug in hostapd, there are some hostapd
settings that helped me getting much more of the broadcast/multicast
packets through.

The required hostapd setting is "dtim_period=1" (related to a
combination of sta and ap issues), and "beacon_int=400" helped too
(related to ath9k on AP-side).

Alternatively you can try to disable wireless powersaving on *all*
stations.
That is running
  iw dev wlan0 set power_save off
on all stas.
When there is no sta in power_save mode, the multicast packets won't get
buffered for bulk delivery at dtim period.

Regards,
  M. Braun