Force mode 802.11 for station using wpa_supplicant

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen
Mon Jun 30 02:34:12 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I wonder if we can use wpa_supplicant to force mode 802.11 for a station when it connects to an AP.
For example my AP using hostapd and was set up in 802.11ac VHT80, channel 36.
Normally all the device support 802.11n can connect to that AP too.
But because the wifi module in my station is the same as my AP and they are all support 802.11ac so
if I set up the channel 36 for my station it connect automatically with my AP in mode 802.11ac VHT80.
Is there any way that I can force my station to connect to my AP in mode 802.11n HT20 or HT40?
I don't see any parameter in the configuration file of wpa_supplicant that allow me to do this.

NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec
Route de Mayres - B.P. 9
12100 St GEORGES DE LUZENCON