[RFC 1/2] wpa_supp: ignore networks config for dedicated P2P management interface

Arend van Spriel arend
Sat Dec 6 03:33:42 PST 2014

On 12/02/14 12:16, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 1 December 2014 at 12:57, Arend van Spriel<arend at broadcom.com>  wrote:
>> The P2P_DEVICE interface is only used for P2P management operations and
>> as such should not have enabled networks. When sharing the same config
>> file as the primary interface, that config may have configured networks.
>> This patch assures these are ignored for the P2P_DEVICE interface.
>>
>> Signed-hostap: Arend van Spriel<arend at broadcom.com>
>> ---
> [...]
>
> Hmm.. This seems to fix the problem I've been seeing.

Apart from this I did not see any other comments. There are two other
options to deal with this:

- have wpa_supplicant_enabled_networks() always return 0 for P2P_DEVICE
interface.
- remove networks from P2P_DEVICE after loading configuration.

I would like to know what would be preferred solution for this before
submitting these as formal patches.

Regards,
Arend